Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Beltane

I had a pretty rough week last week.  I didn't feel like everything was going wrong, but I felt unnecessarily challenged.  That included getting really sick, losing my car, and fighting with my boyfriend pretty much all week.

My car started having major engine problems on the commute home Wednesday night causing the engine light to kick on and off and in general driving pretty rough.  It wasn't overheating, nothing popped.  I was supposed to take the van out of town for the weekend, so I felt bad about leaving Jeff with no car.  He didn't seem to mind though.  Thursday, we gave the van a little TLC (okay, a lot, it was super disgusting).

Friday I went to the DMV to update my name and address and renew my car's registration (despite the fact that it's future was as yet unknown).  All I have to do is get my car smogged somehow and I can get my tags.  My new driver's license is four months out.

With my errands done, I headed for the hills to a friend's property in Auberry.  They own two full-service buildings on 125-acres of preserved land.  It's amazing, lovely, and quiet, except for the birds.  We awoke Saturday morning to a lizard on our breakfast table and a doe on the back porch.

It was a really relaxing weekend.  I discovered a few things about myself and much merriment was to be had by all.  I love weekends like that.

To top it all off, I came home to a clean house, nicely organized, and A WORKING CAR!  Jeff wanted to take me out to dinner, so we drove the car.  Turns out the spark plugs weren't spaced property for my car and bits of them broke off over time.  It's really amazing my car has been running as long as it has on crap spark plugs.  Thank goodness for having a boy who can work on cars.

The weekend was too short, though.

No comments: