Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Cyndall!

After reading a few poignant blog posts, I realized I really need to get over myself already.  


Once a month Everyday Minimalist posts a quote of the month.  Today's was a gem from Geoffrey Chaucer:


"He who covets is a poor man, because he wants what he cannot get; but he who has nothing and covets nothing is rich, though you may think him no more than a peasant."

And then Adam at Man vs Debt turned me onto this tear-wrenching Last Post  (I'm not kidding, by the way) while talking about not having regrets and living consciously.

And then I read this.

I have flaws.  I have faults.  I have made many mistakes.  There are people who don't like me.  Even a couple who would consider me an enemy.

Okay, so what is the relevance of all this dribble in relation to the title of this blog?  Well, DUH!  It's Cyndall's birthday!

Cyndall, if I haven't made EXTREMELY obvious in the past, is my best friend. Who, despite my flaws, my faults, my mistakes, and ignorant misdeeds, loves me for me.  For my better qualities, as well as my faults. I can recall specific examples when she's challenged me to look at the good within and without; to be thankful for what I have and what I am doing; to be aware of my choices and why I'm making them; and "I wish you could see the girl that I see."

Me too, and I'm working on that.  

But I couldn't do it without you.  Thank you for being in my life, Cyndall.  You wouldn't be here if you were never born, and so much celebrating will be had! You inspire me (and I know others as well) every day to be a better person.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know you know I read this but I never commented.


I love you!