Friday, March 4, 2011

Why Hello Blog! It's Rogue Time

Hi there!


Been a long time!  January and February were probably two of the most difficult months of my life, for good and bad, and for the same reason.  It's been trying, to say the least.  But it's in the past now, spring is coming, and I have a million reasons to be thankful for being where I am right now.  It's a good place!  Bumpy at times, sure!  But it's still a good place to be.






Last night, Fresno's Rogue Festival officially kicked off it's tenth year.  The Rogue Festival is an independent performing arts festival with comedy, dance, music, song, spoken word, plays and a wide variety of other randomness I'm sure I missed.  Every year I make a wishlist, but to date I have yet to attend a single Rogue Festival event.  I keep thinking it's longer than it really is (it's the first two weeks of March every year) and before I know it, the festival is over.


This year, I'm determined.  We're getting the Rogue Ready passes that "allows you in to 3 Rogue Mainstage shows and 2 Rogue Cafe shows." There are two BYOV (bring your own venue) performances we want to see and don't know if they'll be covered by the pass, but for the other four shows we do want to see, the pass is still cheaper than individual tickets.  Now, we just need to figure out when the Tower Theater box office is open and selling them (because they certainly weren't after work Thursday when we tried to purchase the passes).


So what's our plan of action?  


Friday, March 4
8:45p Songs 4 Pints @ Veni Vidi Vici (supporting my friend, musician Russell Noland)
11:30p The Godling @ Broken Leg Stage (supporting my friend, actress Christina Tellifson!)


Saturday, March 5
1:00p Cap'n Scurvy's Ragnorok Hootenany Jamboree @ Million Club
10:00p Tantalizing and Titillating Tease @ Full Circle Brewery


Sunday, March 6
6:30p NoCo Rogue Show @ Cal Arts Academy Severance
8:30p Hathor Rising @ Cal Arts Academy Severance (supporting my tribal belly dance instructor and her troupe, Lydia Fortner-Walker)


What Rogue performances are you attending this year?

No comments: