Monday, June 6, 2011

Updates, updates, updates!

I can't even remember where things left off.

First thing, Honey cat is doing much better.  She had her stitches pulled last Friday.  They had to life a scab, though, so she's having to wear the cone of shame a bit longer to make sure it heals nicely before I unleash her tongue on the site.  Her movement is slightly inhindered by the cone, but she uses her pathetic state to her advantage when company is over to procure lots of scratches.
Honey...managing to stretch across three pillows.
Second, my bestie over at Partners in Kind is getting married in a few short days.  They had decided to elope earlier in the month after some misunderstandings with family.  But over the weekend, they decided that they wanted their family present to celebrate the joyous occasion.  I'm so excited for them!  I'm looking forward to the adventures the next week brings.  With the exception of a graduation event, I'm keeping myself as free as possible in case they need last minute help with anything.  I can't wait!

Also, I have been dying to do some reading.  So instead of writing, I sped through Jim Butcher's second book in the Codex Alera series Academ's Fury.  His work is very action-packed and the suspense was killer for me, so I had to finish it in a week or I wouldn't have been able to pick it up again.  I also read my friend Margo Lerwill's new short story Dis (An Urban Midgard Short Story) (you can find Margo's blog about writing at Urban Psychopomp).  By the end of the story I was wishing it was longer!  I believe she is going to write at least two more for the series, and I can't wait for her to publish them!  By the way, it's only 99 cents as an Amazon Kindle download.  You should totally check it out!  While I'm waiting, I've started reading Cursor's Fury (Codex Alera, Book 3).  Although I may jump to Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate) when that comes in from my library request (on Cyndall's recommendation).  I used to be a total bookworm, but I haven't been reading as much fiction as I would have liked.  I have a lot of catching up to do.  Once or twice a month, I might start doing book reviews.  We'll see how pretentious I feel as time goes on!

On the financial front...just don't ask.  In the interest of "accountability" I have not been doing well at all.  I have very little cash on hand and big medical bills along with big travel plans on the horizon.  I need to supplement my income with something.  I have some ideas but that's for another post.  I've also been leaning very heavily on my credit card (it only has a $400 limit, so I can't go too crazy with it and I know it's a limit I can ALWAYS pay off at the end of the month).  I'm disappointed in myself, but more on this in another blog post.

I'm in the process of uploading pictures from Easter, finally!  Also celebrated Danny's birthday on Sunday.  I have a few pictures from that (OMG that boy made out BIG!).  Hopefully I'll be a bit better about writing this week.  I have LOTS to talk about!

No comments: