Monday, June 27, 2011

Challenge Update & Weekend Happenings

Yesterday was the seventh day I participated in Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, and Day 6 of my challenge with Cynthia!  I intended to go round 7/8 tonight, but I'm changing my plans in favor of a restorative yoga sequence instead.  My muscles need a break and a good lengthening.  So far I've lost 1 pound (current weight: 189 pounds) and 1 inch around my waist.  My size 18 misses pants are far too big to be wearing on a regular basis.  Good because that's evidence of progress, bad because I can't really afford to replace them.  Thank goodness I might have a belt around here somewhere.

While I've been doing pretty darn well with the challenge, Cynthia has not been.  We both have particular health considerations that are obviously different from one another's.  I am thus far lucky that mine hasn't been flaring up, in fact, it might be just because I've been consistent that my fibromyalgia hasn't gone haywire.  Cynthia wasn't so lucky.  I spent the weekend racking my brain for ideas for modifications and we agreed she would continue to do her challenge exercises in the pool (which is totally awesome!).  She's also gone back to the gym at least one day, so I'm going to need to find ways to step it up to keep up with her!

My weekend was pretty lazy for the most part when I wasn't killing myself with the Shred.  Saturday morning was spent doing some yard work (here's hoping THAT stays consistent!) for an hour or two.  The rest of the day was spent lounging waiting for a special dinner.  My parents took Jeff and I up to Erna's Elderberry house just because.  Coincidentally, it was our two year anniversary, too.  After dinner we explored the grounds, found a rope swing set and a life-sized chess set.  We'll have to go back when there's more daylight so we can play a proper game.  On the way out, the highway was delayed 3 hours due to an accident, so we took back roads around Bass Lake.  Jeff got a bit car sick, unfortunately.

Sunday, Jeff went to help a family member move and I got the house to myself for a few hours.  Since I finished Cursor's Fury (Codex Alera, Book 3) earlier in the week, I spent a couple hours reading Captain's Fury (Codex Alera, Book 4).  I love this series!  Around noon I ran off for a guild meeting and some swimming with friends.  I ended my day at my dad's house for dinner, going through old SLR cameras.

Pretty mellow, and I wish it didn't have to end.  The daily grind is killer!

No comments: