Thursday, December 15, 2011

Finally Back and Settling In


I've been neglectful in my blog posting duties!  Sorry folks!

Well, I'm finally back from my travels and ready to get back into the swing of things.  There's so much to say and do!  I'm not even sure where I left off!

There are several future posts I have in the works.  Lots of announcements to make in the next several weeks.  But all good things in time, right?

I have to say, Great Britain was amazing!  The land was gorgeous, the buildings beautiful, the people pleasant, and the food and drink were spectacular (I developed an addiction to steak and ale pie).  While it's good to be home, I wish home was there.

I think my favorite place was definitely South/Southeast Wales.  Pictured above is Tintern Abbey.  I had the good fortune to spend several hours milling about there.  When we left to make the trek to Manchester, England the area around the abbey revealed everything I expected from the UK.  It matched the image I had created and held in my mind for so many years.  I hope my next visit affords me significantly more time in this area.

I have tons of photos from my trip.  I took something like 1,318 pictures and kept 896 of them.  Most of my pictures are of buildings because I simply love Gothic architecture, but if you fancy a time sink you can help yourself to them.

When I got home, I didn't have any time for rest.  I got a couple hours of sleep and hurried off to work.  My first week home was kind of a whirlwind and I spent most of my first weekend home catching up on Skyrim to the exclusion of everything else I probably should have been doing with my time.  My cats didn't mind.  It meant I was stationary long enough to provide much needed comfort through lap-time to sooth their lonely cat selves.

Now I'm gearing up for the holidays and some new projects that should keep me busy for awhile.  I'm also looking back over the last year to check my progress on the goals and projects I set in motion last year.  You know, because that's what you do this time of year.  Reflect and stuff.



No comments: