Friday, December 23, 2011

Sometimes You Just Need a Break


Some of you may have noticed, and maybe some of you haven't, but I have been totally blowing you off.

That's right.  I went into hiding.  I didn't answer calls or texts.  I didn't respond to emails or Facebook Wall posts.

No, I gave the finger to social activities, thumbed my nose at coffee dates, and generally pooped on invitations to get out of the house.

Okay, maybe none of that is true, but I definitely have been avoiding making much in the way of plans as the year winds down to a close.  The Minimalist Mom reminded me this week of the importance of slowing down and discerning between busy work and productive stuff.

I needed some me time.  I needed some time to initiate some new projects that I'm excited to be sharing with you over the next few weeks.  I needed to recommit to myself, my partnership, and my home.  I needed to cut out distractions and really focus on the things that matter and let the things that aren't just fade into the past where I can keep the memories fond and the resentment non-existent.

I miss my friends and my family, but this has so far been time very well spent.  I look forward to getting back in touch with everyone after the first, but I might have to make a "life sabbatical" a regular thing throughout the year.

No comments: